Sunday, August 31, 2008

Taking a break - Break II

On my second weekend in Sadhana I needed more than a day out. I wanted some partying. So I headed to Pondi with the idea of spending the night there. First things first, so I went to Coffee.com for a baguette and a cold coffee. On my way there, I bumped into Allie, a French girl I had met on my last day in Pondi before getting myself in Auroville. And so, after the usual chit-chat, I suggested meeting up for dinner. The truth is that I didn't remember her name, so I had to call Peter to refresh my memory. Yeah, I was trying to catch a fish, as he would put it, but it was just that.

At Coffee.com I overheard a conversation about a concert at the French Alliance. So after hours searching for a cheap suitable room, showering, shaving, and in brief words, getting ready, I headed for some reggae. In the concert, I would bump into Nils, whom I'll introduce in it's appropriate context.

So far it had been a good day, had a good concert, a very motivating chat with Nils and perspectives of a good night. But sometimes don't always go as planned, as I'm tired of repeating.

Dinner with Allie had been nice, but both of us wanted some more action, another beer perhaps, but everything was closed. So we ended up at her place with a bottle of Port wine, charras and talks about dancing, tabla and the goddess Kali. Some people say she is the reincarnation of Parvati, Shiva's wife, others say is the destructive reincarnation of Shiva. A popular image is that of Shiva lying dead under Kali's foot. Though the position of Shiva is a feminine one, it is said that Kali only killed Shiva feminine side, that is, Parvati. I have no clue! But I would like to know more about it.

So anyway, we were having a good time, laughing, talking, getting stoned and I decided to approach her i a gentle but sexual manner, until the point I tried to kiss her. A rejected kiss. Ouch! However, strangely, the mood and the conversations didn't change.

Time had past quickly and I would end up sleeping at her place because mine locked at 2 a.m. And in the middle of the night, sharing a small mattress it happened that we cuddled up together. But that would be the most I would get from that night.

And a bright morning got me back to reality. Having to get back to Sadhana. Not really looking forward to it. There, everyone would ask me how was Pondi, and my answer would always be the same: "Amazing, weird and deceiving."

No comments: