Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Carly's Birthday

On Wednesday of that second week was Carly's birthday, and we went for a pizza in Pondi. The events of the day had led me to spend most of my time outside Sadhana as a passenger on Julie's bike. And so, I went with her to Pondi where we would meet with the rest of the group ready to celebrate. A big group I must say. Carly, Ian, Kelsey, Anva, Einat, Alex, Matt, Lisa and I might be missing someone.

With Esra out of the scene, Julie became more opened and accessible to the rest of volunteers. You could talk, joke and spent time with her, something that seemed impossible before, and which I would consider as worthwhile. And though considered a hot girl, for some strange reason I never thought of her in a sexual way.

However, driving with her, at her back, her soft blond hair in my face, the smell of it, looking at her naked neck aroused in me that sexual appetite that seems to hide after some time without any kind of female closeness. It reminded me of how much I missed a woman's touch. A caress. A woman's smell.

She kept on saying that I should put her hair aside if it bothered me. And it did. But that was the closest I had been to a girl in a while and I like the touch of it in my skin. And somehow, I felt bad for having those sensations with her. It, for some strange reason, didn't feel right. So be it.

Once in Pondi, we got a silly card and a little cake with a candle for the birthday girl. And when we were altogether, pizza and beers were on the order of the day. A must for the main character of the night.

Oh, and remember my charger? Well, as we were close by, I decided to make a stop at the Continental Hotel while waiting for pizza. And this time I was lucky. I got it back. Unbelievable. When I saw it, the happiness in my expression might have seemed silly to the manager and the other guys present at the time. But it didn't matter for me, on a first impulse I went to hug the manager, whom nervous and uncomfortable tried to shudder me away.

Back in the restaurant, after food was swallowed, birthday song sang and birthday cake distributed among the assistants, it was time for some drinks. However, Julie and I decided it had been enough for the day and headed back to Sadhana with an ice-cream stop on the way.

It had been an intense day, out which I have only explained half of it. The rest, will come later on.

No comments: